There are a lot of flip card styles, but I’ve been wanting to try this super easy one with my all-time favorite, most versatile Diemond Dies Die-Normous Stack-Ems Circle Nesting Die Set. And with my new Mama Elephant Hampton Art “Dos Amigos” stamp and die set, I thought this would be a perfect opportunity to get ahead of my birthday card list!
I first stamped out the bunny and the bear and then decided that I needed a third critter. So I stamped out the bear again, but wiped away the ink on the ears before stamping it. Then I used a 0.1 pt Copic Multiliner Pen to doodle in what I thought would transform this bear into a puppy! I Copic colored all three critters with the following colors:
Bear: N0, N2, N3 with C7 nose
Puppy: E50, E51, E53 with E15 nose
Bunny: Y11, E53 and E21 with R30 nose and inner ears
Using a MISTI Stamping Tool to help position the words exactly where I wanted them, I also stamped out the composite card sentiment. I stamped “happy” on the bunny’s sign, “birthday” on the bear’s sign, and “ditto” on the puppy’s sign inside the card. I used the accompanying dies to cut out the bunny and the bear, but I had to hand fussy cut the puppy with my favorite Fiskars Spring Loaded Scissors.
Next I gathered some old birthday patterned paper from my stash (sorry, I don’t know the name of this collection). What drew me to this paper was that it was double sided, which I thought might help the card look finished even on the back sides of the flipping mechanism.
Pop Up Flip Mechanism Measurements:
1. To make a standard A2 size card, my card base measures: 5.5″h x 4.25″w
2. The inside pop up flip mechanism measures: 5.25″h x 6.5″w, scored along the width at 2″, 4″ and 6″
3. For the window on the card front, I used the 10th largest circle die from the Diemond Dies Die-Normous Stack-Ems Circle Nesting Die Set
4. To create the framed circle for the bunny and the bear to fit inside on the card front (this is the part that flips inside the window on the card front), I used the 9th and 10th largest circle dies from the Diemond Dies Die-Normous Stack-Ems Circle Nesting Die Set
5. To create the framed circle for the puppy to fit inside on the inside of the card, I used the 5th and 6th largest circle dies from the Diemond Dies Die-Normous Stack-Ems Circle Nesting Die Set
It’s difficult, if not impossible, to describe the assembly of the card, so the following is a tutorial video showing the step-by-step process:
Disclosure: Many of the supplies I’ve used for today’s project are linked. Some may be affiliate links, which means if you make a purchase I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. I truly appreciate your support toward the costs of running this blog!
This card is being entered into the following challenges:
Creatalicious Anything Goes with Optional Cute Challenge
Word Art Wednesday Anything Goes Challenge
Through the Craft Room Door Anything Goes Challenge
613 Avenue Create Anything Goes with Optional Something New Challenge
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Anything Goes Challenge
Crafty Gals Corner Anything Goes Challenge
MFT Birthday Project Celebrate Challenge
Simon Says Stamp Add a Sentiment Challenge
MFT Sketch Challenge #368