As my third guest designer post for Topflight Stamps featuring Katzelkraft stamps, today I’m sharing a doggy-themed slider pop-up card celebrating Christmas using stamps from Katzelkraft Dogs, Katzelkraft Funny Accessories, and Katzelkraft Sleigh Stamps.
I chose the Dalmatian from the Dogs Stamp Set as the focal point of my card. I Copic colored him using the following colors:
White: W0 and W1; Black: W5;
Eyes: B000 and B02 with Signo Uniball White Gel Pen and Black Glaze Pen;
Tongue and Collar: R35 and 37;
Tag: Y15 and Y19
Then I fussy cut him out, taking care to also cut around his eyes about halfway down so that I could position the Santa hat from the Funny Accessories Stamp Set fully onto his head.
For the card front background, I used the Christmas tree base from the Sleigh Stamp Set and using a 0.1 pt Copic Mulit-liner Pen I doodled a bit more of the decorated Christmas tree in order to extend the height of the tree. I also doodled a dog bone hanging from a tree branch as a special doggy-themed Christmas decoration. To fill out a little more of the background scene I added a stack of presents to the right side of the panel from the Funny Accessories Stamp Set, and then Copic colored/drew in a wood floor and the rest of the scene using the following colors:
Santa Hat: R35, R37 and R39 and C1 Yellow aura around bone: Y00, Y11, Y13, Y08
Tree: G43, G14, G17 Red accents: R35, R37 and R39 Teal accents: BG32, BG23, BG45 and BG49
Wall: BG11 Wood Floor: E11, E13, E25, E29
The following are the instructions to create the pop-up mechanism:
* Use the decorated card front measuring 4.25″ x 5.5″ (A2 size)
* Use an X-Acto blade and cut 0.75″ from the left, bottom and right sides of the card; take care to leave the top 0.75″ at the top side uncut.
* Turn the card 90° so the top of the card front is now on the left and use a score board to score at: 0.75″, 2.5″ and 4.25″ between the cut lines.
* Burnish the scored lines so that you form a valley at the 4.25″ line, a hill at the 2.5″ line and a valley at the 0.75″ line.
The following are the directions to create the slider mechanism:
* Cut a smaller slider piece of cardstock to 3.25″ 4.75″
* Use Scor-Tape (glue works too) on the back of the bottom smallest section of the pop-Up mechanism you made above.
* Attach the smaller slider piece of cardstock, centered and lined up to the edge of the bottom smallest section of the pop-Up mechanism.
* Now use Scor-Tape (glue works too) on the back of the card front around the left, bottom and right sides, beyond the center-cut pop-up mechanism area and attach this to an A2 sized card base.
* Optional: You can cut out a thumb window at the top of the cardfront and/or add a pull tab to the top of the smaller slider piece of cardstock. I did both and took the opportunity to create a pull tab using the Christmas wreath from the Katzelkraft Sleigh Stamp Set.
I hand wrote and used a couple of stamps from a Prima “Merry Nice” Stamp Set to add a sentiment on the top half of the slider piece that says: “Have you been naughty or nice?” and a stamp on the bottom half of the slider piece that says: “Merry Christmas”. For a bit more embellishment inside the card, I also stamped a box full of bones from an old Hampton Art Furry Christmas Stamp Set, and I colored it up to match the stack of presents on the right side of the card.
CLICK THE FOLLOWING PICTURE to watch the process tutorial video of crafting this slider pop up card:
Disclosure: Many of the supplies I’ve used for today’s project are linked. Some may be affiliate links, which means if you make a purchase I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. I truly appreciate your support toward the costs of running this blog!
This card is being entered into the following challenges:
The Corrosive Challenge Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp Work it Wednesday Celebrate it Challenge
Creatalicious Anything Goes with Optional Circles Challenge
Word Art Wednesday Anything Goes Challenge
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Anything Goes Challenge
Fab ‘n’ Funky Christmas Challenge
613 Avenue Create Anything Goes with Optional Clean and Simple Challenge
Through the Craft Room Door Anything Goes Challenge
Crafty Gals Corner 3+ Layers Challenge
Stamp Sensations I Spy Something with a B Challenge – Baubles, Boxes, Bows, Bones